Best Black Friday 2019 Gaming Deals: Stores Open Thanksgiving, Biggest Discounts, And More–Complete Guide
The wait is over: Black Friday 2019 is finally here. If you’re a gamer or are shopping for one, expect to find a ton of deals on gaming consoles, games, accessories, tech, and more over the Black Friday and Cyber Monday weekend. Not every deal on a PS4, Xbox One, Switch, or gaming headset is a big one, however, and you shouldn’t always snatch up the first one you see–you can usually find a slightly better deal if you’re willing to shop around. Not everyone has the time to do that, though, which is why we’re here to help you find the best price on whatever gaming gift you’re looking for this Thanksgiving weekend.
Whether you have a long list of loved ones to buy for or a personal wishlist, it’s best to have a plan when shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Typically, ads from all of the big retailers leak weeks in advance, but this year, things are slightly different; many brick-and-mortar retailers like Walmart, Best Buy, GameStop, and Target published their Black Friday 2019 ads well in advance, giving us a closer look at what deals will be available and when. In fact, we already know most of what’s to come, with some exceptions like Nintendo Switch’s Eshop. Nintendo of Europe announced its Eshop deals early, but we’re still waiting to see which digital Switch games will be on sale in North America.
There are sure to be new deals that pop up or new items you might decide you want–the announcement of Half-Life: Alyx might suddenly have you in the market for an Oculus Rift or other VR headset. But it’s time to start planning your Black Friday shopping to ensure you get the best deals and don’t miss on the things you want most.
Read on for everything you need to know to prepare for this year’s Black Friday, including the best deals to be aware of at different retailers across gaming (including PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch hardware and games), tech, and entertainment.
When is Black Friday 2019?
Well, it’s tricky. Black Friday is technically the day after Thanksgiving, of course, so it falls on November 29 this year. But many retailers have begun offering deals already, and the schedule is all over the place–some retailers are closed on Thanksgiving, some are open as usual, and some are open for a set number of hours during the long weekend. While the schedule varies from store to store, most of the best deals seem to have already dropped. Other deals won’t be available until Black Friday itself, however, which can make things tricky. Once Black Friday kicks into full gear, the deals will mostly like continue through the weekend and pick up steam again on Cyber Monday.
Because the schedule of Black Friday deals varies so widely from store to store, here’s an overview of when we know deals will be available for Best Buy, Target, Microsoft, Ebay, and other major retailers for Black Friday this year. Please note that start times often differ based on whether the deal is online or in brick-and-mortar stores. As more retailers release their Black Friday ads, we’ll include that information here.
Black Friday store schedule
Best Buy’s Flack Friday 2019 doorbusters are live now online and will likely last until December 1 or while supplies last. The retailer has some of the best deals around, so be sure to browse their offers. Store open at 5pm at Thanksgiving and will keep fairly regular hours throughout the weekend.
- November 28-December 1: All Black Friday deals and doorbusters will be available.
Best Buy store hours
- Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28: 5 PM – 1 AM
- Black Friday, Nov. 29: 8 AM – 10 PM
- Saturday, Nov. 30: 9 AM – 10 PM
- Sunday, Dec. 1: 11 AM – 8PM
GameStop’s Black Friday deals are now live on their website. For brick-and-mortar GameStop stores, doors will open quite early on Thanksgiving Day, starting at 3 PM this year.
GameStop store hours
- Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28: 3 PM – 10 PM
- Black Friday, Nov. 29: 7 AM – 10 PM
- Saturday, Nov. 30: 10 AM – 9 PM
- Sunday, Dec. 1: 11 AM – 7 PM
While Amazon has opened a small (but growing) number of brick-and-mortar stores across the US, the bulk of its Black Friday discounts will be available on Amazon.com. Because Amazon is primarily an online store, it’s not waiting until the end of the month to start offering its Black Friday deals. Instead, Amazon launched its Happy HoliDeals sale on November 1 with discounts across gaming, tech, entertainment, and other categories. Since November 22, more deals have started popping up on on Amazon, including a wide range of smart devices. Basically, Amazon has deals going live all the time, so check back often.
- Live Now: Deals will go live every day up until Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and probably the week after Cyber Monday.
As with most retailers, Target’s Black Friday online deals are up right now, though brick-and-mortar stores don’t open until at 5 PM. Select deals, such as the PlayStation Slim 1TB bundle, are already live on Target’s website until Saturday.
- Live until November 30: Black Friday deals and doorbusters available
- December 1-8: Cyber Week deals available (online only)
Target store hours
- Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28: 5 PM – 1 AM
- Black Friday, Nov. 29: 7 AM – 11 PM (normal closing time)
- Saturday, Nov. 30: 8 AM – 11 PM (normal hours)
Walmart’s Black Friday deals are all up for grabs right now. At Walmart stores, deals will become available to claim at 6 PM on Thanksgiving Day. Some of the store’s best deals, like Splatoon 2 and Breath of the Wild for $30 each are out of stock right now, but you may have better luck picking them up in-store later today.
- Live until November 29: All Black Friday deals will be available.
- See Black Friday store hours below.
Walmart store hours
- Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28: Black Friday deals start at 6 PM local time. Check with your local store, but typically Walmart lets you come early and fill up your cart before Black Friday sales officially start. You just have to wait until 6 PM to checkout.
- Friday, Nov. 29: Check with your local store. Many Walmart stores are open 24 hours/day.
Microsoft announced its Xbox deals and start times during X019. Microsoft’s Black Friday deals will be available until December 2 (or while supplies last). In addition to Xbox deals, you’ll find some nice discounts on gaming laptops, monitors, headphones, and more during Black Friday.
- November 24-December 2: Official Xbox deals available to everyone
Black Friday 2019 retailer ads and deals
For a more at-a-glance view of what every retailer has to offer this year, be sure to look at their Black Friday ads. Catch up on everything you need to know about Black Friday 2019 at Best Buy, Target, Microsoft, and more in our retailer-specific Black Friday previews. Digital game storefronts like PSN, Steam, and Nintendo’s Eshop have a wide selection of deals as well, so make sure to browse them as well.
- Best Buy Black Friday deals
- Target Black Friday deals
- Amazon Black Friday deals
- Walmart Black Friday deals
- Microsoft Black Friday deals
- Ebay Black Friday deals
- Newegg Black Friday deals
- Dell Black Friday deals
- Kohl’s Black Friday deals
- Costco Black Friday deals
- Office Depot Black Friday deals
- PlayStation Network Store Black Friday deals
- GameStop Black Friday deals
- Steam Black Friday deals
- Nintendo Eshop Black Friday deals (Europe)
- Nintendo Eshop Black Friday deals (North America)
Best Black Friday 2019 deals so far
With quite a few retailers’ Black Friday ads under our belt already, we’re starting to get an idea of what the best Black Friday deals will be this year. Keeping in mind that some of these products aren’t live anywhere yet (meaning we can’t link them), here are some of the best upcoming deals that will be available during Black Friday 2019.
Best PS4 deals
- PS4 Slim holiday bundle with God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition, and The Last of Us Remastered — $200
- PS4 Pro 1TB bundle with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare — $300
PlayStation VR Mega Pack bundle with five games— $200
- PlayStation VR bundle with two Move controllers, Blood & Truth, and Everybody’s Golf — $250
- DualShock 4 wireless controllers — $40
- PlayStation Plus — $40
Best Xbox One deals
- Xbox One X bundle with Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order Deluxe Edition and 3 months of Xbox Live Gold — $350
- Xbox One S bundle with two controllers and 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate — $200
- Xbox One S All-Digital Edition bundle — $150
- Xbox One wireless controllers — $20 off
Best Nintendo Switch deals
- Nintendo Switch (old model) with free digital copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe — $300
- Nintendo Switch (updated model) with carrying case and charging dock with $90 Kohl’s Cash — $320
- Joy-Cons (Gray or Neon Red/Blue) — $60
- Poke Ball Plus — $20
- Nintendo Switch Elite Edition Starter Kit — $15
- Insignia Power Pack for Switch/Switch Lite — $12.50
- Nintendo Switch Online 12-month subscription card — $15
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild — $30
How to get the best Black Friday deals
It’s all about speed, baby. Black Friday is like Prime Day on steroids, with almost every retailer throwing their hat into the ring and competing to offer the best deals. Now that retailers have begun releasing their Black Friday ads, look through them closely and take note of what deals you’re interested in as well as their start times. You can also use CamelCamelCamel to check the price history on products at Amazon and browser extension Honey to find coupons from across the web. Browser add-on PriceBlink will also let you know if a specific product is cheaper elsewhere. Finally, if you spot a product at an incredible price during Black Friday or Cyber Monday, don’t wait to buy it. The best deals will be gone in a flash.
Of course, you’ll also want to stay tuned to GameSpot as we highlight the best deals on games, electronics, and entertainment leading up to and during Black Friday. Be sure to follow GameSpot Deals on Twitter so you don’t miss the hottest discounts. Plus, see our sister sites for more Black Friday tech deals, Black Friday kitchen deals, and Black Friday fashion and beauty deals.
More Black Friday 2019 Deals
- Nintendo Switch Black Friday 2019 Game Deals
- PS4 Black Friday 2019 Game Deals
- Xbox One Black Friday 2019 Game Deals
- GameStop Black Friday 2019 Game Deals Deals
- Amazon Black Friday 2019 Deals
- Walmart Black Friday 2019 Deals
- Best Buy Black Friday 2019 Deals
- Target Black Friday 2019 Deals